Pumpkin & Dressing
Use a small baking pumpkin and cut off top and remove seeds from inside.
- Chick'n flavored tofu (see recipe below)
- 1 recipe corn bread dressing (unbaked) (see below)
- 3-4 finely minced garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup barley malt
Save seeds to bake and eat later.
Mix garlic and barley malt together and brush approximately half on
inside of pumpkin.
Fill with corn bread dressing.
Pour the rest of the honey/barley malt mixture on top of dressing.
Cover with lid and bake 350 for 1 hr or until pumpkin is tender.
Serve with Chick'n flavored tofu.
Chick'n flavored tofu:
Drain and cut tofu into thin slices and fry in oil till crisp.
- 1 pgk. firm tofu (packed in water)
- 1-2 Tablespoons olive oil (to fry)
- 2 Tablespoons meatless chicken flavoring powder or 1 teaspoon
- 1 Tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1/8 cup water
You will need to flip and turn the tofu several times until it becomes
Mix meatless chicken flavoring powder or chicken bouillon, nutritional
yeast and water together till smooth.
Pour over tofu and mix well to coat.
Cook a short time more to dry out tofu.
WATCH closely! It can burn quickly!
In a blender combine tofu and soy milk.
- 1 recipe cooked cornbread
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped whole-wheat bread crumbs (or leftover grains of
- 2 teaspoons poultry seasoning
- 1 teaspoon sage
- 1 Tablespoon meatless chicken flavoring powder or 1 teaspoon
- salt/pepper to taste
- 1/2 pkg. silken tofu
- 1 cup soy milk
Blend till smooth.
Break cornbread into crumbs with hands and combine with rest of ingredients.
Bake in oven proof dish in 350 for 35-45 minutes.
From VegSource Interactive Newsletter Volume 1 Number 4 November
Copyright VegSource Interactive, November 24, 1998. All rights reserved.
Permission to quote newsletter is granted, as long as credit to
vegsource.com is given.