with Onions and Corn
Place the diced pumpkin in a 2 quart (2 L) covered sauce pan, along
with the broth and oil.
- 4 cups (1 L) peeled fresh pumpkin, cut into 2 inch (1 cm) dice
- 1 cup (250 ml) vegetable broth or water
- 2 Tbs (30 ml) olive oil
- 2 large onions, peeled and sliced
- 1 box (10 oz, 280 g) frozen corn (off the cob)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Dash of cayenne (optional, or to taste)
Layer the sliced onions on top of the pumpkin and simmer covered over
low heat for about 15 minutes, until the pumpkin is barely tender.
Add the corn, salt, pepper, and optional cayenne and continue to cook
an additional 5 to 8 minutes, until the corn is done.
Serves 6 to 8 as a side dish, 3 to 4 as a main course.