A few weeks ago, someone was asking for a recipe for baby pumpkins.
I found this one:
Preheat oven to 350 degres. Slice off the top 1/2 inch of each pumpkin
and scoop out the seeds.
- 8 pumpkins, baby
- 1/3 c vegetable stock or water
- 1/2 c onion; finely chopped
- 2 lg garlic cloves; minced
- 1/2 ts sage leaves, dried
- 1/2 ts thyme
- 1 c bread crumbs, whole wheat
- 1/4 c pine nuts; toasted (opt)
- 1/3 c celery; finely chopped
- 1/4 c apricots, dried; chopped
- 1/2 c nutritional yeast flakes; grated
- 1 soy sauce, low sodium; to taste
Bake pumpkins for 15 minutes.
In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat stock or water
to simmering until onions are softened but not browned.
Add garlic, sage, thyme, and bread crumbs.
Cook, stirring, 1 minute, then remove from heat and stir in remaining
Lightly fill pumpkins with stuffing.
(Any remaining stuffing may be baked separately in a lightly oiled
Bake for 15 minutes, or until stuffing is lightly browned and
Be careful not to overbake the pumpkins, because they will split.