Slices and Dressing
Slice Tofu into 1/4-inch slices.
- 1 lb firm or extra-firm Tofu, frozen & thawed & gently pressed
- 1 quart water
- 1/4 cup vegan 'chicken' bouillon powder
- 1 Tbs vegan 'beef' bouillon powder
- 1 tsp sugar or Sucanat
- 1/2 tsp celery seed
- Vegan 'chicken' broth (reserved from cooking Tofu)
- Additional broth as needed
- 1 bag stuffing mix
- 1 Tbs margarine
Put water, bouillons, sugar, and celery seed in a pot.
Bring to boil.
Turn down to simmer.
Simmer for 30 minutes.
Drain Tofu, reserving broth.
Prepare stuffing, using margarine, reserved broth, and additional
broth as needed.
Put stuffing into a baking pan.
Top stuffing with Tofu slices.
Baste with a little broth.
Cover with foil, and bake 30 minutes at 350 F.
Uncover and bake 5 minutes to brown
Tofu (if desired).
Serve with gravy and fruit sauce.