- www.vegsource.com - USA
from "Vegan Vittles" - copyright 1996 by Joanne Stepaniak
Makes one loaf (10 to 12 servings)
- 2 cups whole-wheat pastry flour
- 2 teaspoons non-aluminum baking powder (such as Rumford)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Oil an 8 1/2 x 4 1/2-inch loaf
pan and set it aside.
- 2 cups unsweetened canned or pured cooked pumpkin
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 Tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
Place the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl, and stir them together.
Place the wet ingredients in a medium mixing bowl, and stir them together
until they are well combined.
2. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients.
Mix just until the dry ingredients are evenly moistened.
The mixture will seem very stiff and dry.
Stir in the pecans and raisins until they are evenly distributed.
3. Spoon the batter into the prepared loaf pan.
Place the loaf pan on the center rack of the oven, and bake the
bread for about 50 to 55 minutes, or until a cake tester inserted
in the center tests clean.
4. Remove the bread from the oven using oven mitts or pot holders.
Turn it out of the loaf pan onto a cooling rack, and carefully turn
the bread upright.
Allow the bread to cool completely before slicing or storing it.
Wrap the cooled bread tightly, and store it at room temperature
up to 3 days, or refrigerate it up to 7 days.
From VegSource Interactive Newsletter Volume 1 Number 4 November
Copyright VegSource Interactive, November 24, 1998. All rights reserved.
Permission to quote newsletter is granted, as long as credit to
vegsource.com is given.