My partner and I, both vegans, really enjoy this recipe that
we found in an Indian curry book.
It's really easy to make and only takes about 15 mins to get
Serves about 4 and is great with rice, or wrapped inside naan
or pitta bread.
- 2 onions
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1 tablespoon of oil
- 1 teaspoon chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon tumeric
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon of ground corriander
- 2 x 440g (14 oz) cans of chickpeas, drained
- 440g (14 oz) canned tomato pieces
- 1 teaspoon grama masala
1. Slice onions finely, crush the garlic.
Heat oil in a medium based pan.
Add onion and garlic to pan.
Cook over medium heat, until onions are soft.
2. Add the chilli powder, salt, tumeric, paprika, cumin and
Stir over heat for 1 minute.
3. Add chickpeas and undrained tomatos, stir until combined.
Simmer, covered, over low heat for 20 minutes stiring occassionaly.
Stir in Grama masala.
Simmer covered for another 10 minutes.
We like our currys hot and this one has quite a bit to it.
If you don't like your food spicy it would be fine to leave
out the chilli powder.