Cook parippu with onion, green chilli and a few drops of oil.
- Yellow split peas - 1 cup
- pumpkin/tomato/papaya (not very ripe)/muringayila or chena (if
you can get them) - 1/4-1/2 lb. Cut into small pieces. If using
muringayila, take them off from the 'thandu' (wash it first)
- desicated/shredded coconut - 1/2 cup
- green chilli (optional) - 2 or 3, cut long
- onion (optional) - 1/4, cut long
- shallots - 1, cut into small, thin pieces
- turmeric powder - 1/3 teaspoon
- chilli powder - 1/2 spoon
- oil, salt, mustard seeds, red whole chilli
- 1 tablespoon of shredded coconut
- Curry leaves --> optional
When cooked, add salt, veg., turmeric, chilli, and coconut, and cook
again in a low flame until everything is cooked.
Heat oil, fry mustard seeds, add shallots, red whole chilli, and curry
leaves, stir well, and add 1 tablespoon of shredded coconut when the
shallots turn light brown, stir for a while, and add it to the curry.
Stir well & it is ready!