From: Serge Demers
Soak chickpeas overnight, rince, cook in water until tender.
- 250 gr of chickpeas (1 cup) 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 oinon chopped
- 2 cm cinnamon stick
- 4 cloves
- 2 garlic cloves, squashed
- 2 cm fresh ginger, chopped
- 1 green chili pepper, finely chopped
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 3/4 cup of chopped tomatoes (from a can) 1 tsp garam massala
- 1 Tbsp cilantro, chopped
Drain, KEEP THE COOKING LIQUID!
In a frying pan heat the oil, fry onion until golden.
Add cinnamon and cloves, cook a few seconds.
Add garlic, ginger, chili pepper, ground coriander and cook 5 minutes,
Add tomatoes, with the juice and cook until all liquid has evaporated.
Add the chickpeas to the pan, mix well, cook 5 minutes.
Pour the cooking liquid of the chickpeas and simmer for 25 minutes,
until all the liquid is gone.
Sprinkle with the garam massala and cilantro.
Can be served hot or cold.