Cook parippu with onion, green chilli, potato, and a few drops of
- Yellow split peas - 1-2 cup
- potato (optional) - 1, cut into cubes
- onion - 1/4, cut long
- green chilli - 2 or 3, cut long
- shallots - 1, cut into small thin pieces
- oil, salt, crushed chilli/red whole chilli
- Mustard seeds and curry leaves are optional
When cooked, add salt, stir well.
Smash the potato pieces well.
Heat oil, fry mustard seeds, add shallots, then red chilli and curry
leaves, add it to the parippu when the shallots turn brown.
Stir well, and it is ready!