- Santa Rosa, California, USA
Fat Free, 100% vegan, all natural, easy to prepare, serves 6-8
Step 1 Wash the peas & lentils and drain out most of the water.
- ½ cup of split yellow peas
- ½ tablespoon of crushed ginger
- ½ cup of split green peas
- 1 tablespoon of finely chopped cilantro (optional)
- 1 cup of red lentils
- 1 cup of brocolli stems (inner soft part), small cubes
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 1 pack of EasyCurry's Soup Mix
- 2 cups of small cubed carrots
- ½ tablespoon of crushed garlic
- 1 tablespoon of salt
- 2 cups of brocolli tips cut into small chunks
- 10 cups of water
- Hot chili peppers optional (for fiery curry)
Step 2 In a large pan, combine all of the ingredients except the
Step 3 Place the pan on high heat and cook until the soup is boiling.
Lower the heat to medium and cover with a lid.
Leave a little opening so that steam can escape.
Step 4 Cook for 30 - 40 minutes or until the lentils and peas
are almost dissolved and the soup reaches the thickness that you
Add more water if the soup is too thick.
Step 5 Add the brocolli tips, stir, and turn off the heat.
Serve in a soup bowl with rice or pasta or bread.