From: Aruna Namachivayam
-Little Falls, NJ, USA
From my MOM,
Serves 3 Persons,
Cooking time : nearly 30 Mins.
- Eggplant - 2 Long Medium Sized (cut into 2" Long Cubes)
- Indian Short Green Chiilis - 16 Nos.
- Tamarind - Dice Size (Less than Marble Size) Ball
- Oil to Fry (may be 2 - 4 Tbl Sp)
- Mustard Seeds -1/4 Tsp
- Urud Dhal - 1/4 Tsp
- Red Chlli - 1 (Halved)
1. Take Oil in a sauce pan, Put the cut eggplant and Green Chillies
Fry them until eggplant seems to be absorb the oil and becomes tender
also eggplant raw smell is not there (takes atleast 15 minutes).
2. Cool it
3. Grind it along with tamarind in the Mixie until it is fine-don't
add water(if not grinding add little water
4. Season it
Serve it with Hot IDILI and Dosai.
Variation : Can add fresh Cilantro or coriander leaves while grinding