Relish 2 (Piaz Chatni)
Fiery is the correct name for this onion relish; therefore serve
only to fire-eaters!
Or serve cautiously.
makes 1 cup
1. Put the onion, salt and chopped lemon in a bowl and toss well.
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 tsp coarse salt, or to taste
- 1/2 lemon, finely chopped, with peel
- 1 1/2 tsp light vegetable oil
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp chat masala (use a commercial brand, or use IVU recipe)
2. Heat the oil in a small frying pan until very hot.
Turn off the heat.
Stir in the cayenne and paprika, and immediately pour the oil on
the onions, use a rubber spatula to get all of it.
3. Add the chat masala and toss again.
Serve cold or at room temperature.
Keeps well at room temperature for up to 4 hours; after that, the
onions will turn soft and limp.