- Rice flour Roti
1) Lightly grease a mixing bowl with dairy free margarine.
- 1 1/2 cups rice flour
- 2 teaspoons jeera
- 1/2 inch ginger finely cut
- 3/4 cup onion finely cut
- green chillies (according to taste, from Indian/Asian stores)
- cooking oil
Mix the rice flour, jeera, onions in the bowl till it forms a light
2) Add hot water to the mixture and let it stand for 5-10 minutes.
3)Add coriander, green chillies, ginger and mix well with water to
form dough, slightly looser than the consistency of Chappati dough.
4) Make into medium-sized balls.
5) On a skillet, pat the balls into a flat shape.
Dribble oil along the sides.
6) Wait till the edges turn brown.
7) Flip it over and brown on other side.
8) Makes crisp, crunchy rotis which should be served hot.
9) Generally, whole rotis don't result because of the brittleness
of rice flour.
Serves: 4 - 6. Preparation time: 15 min