From: Sharon Raghavachary
Try these two combined recipes for a basic vindaloo. Serving Size
1. Proceed with stage 1 of mild curry base.
- 1 Recipe mild curry base (recipe follows)
- 1/2 ts Turmeric
- 1 t Ground Black Pepper
- 1/2 Spanish Onion, peeled and sliced
- 2 ts Garam Masala
- 1 tb Fenugreek leaves
- 1 tb Vinegar, (any)
- Potato pieces boiled,(2"x2")
- Chilli Powder 2-4 teaspoons
2. Make a water paste of the turmeric, pepper and chilli powder,
then add and fry for 1 minute. Add the onion, stir- frying for 2
3. Continue with stage 2 to 5 of mild curry base.
4. Add the potatoes and remaining ingredients at the end of stage
5. Serve after a minimum of 5 minutes simmering, or when ready.
NOTE: For a Tindaloo just add more chilli powder to taste.