from: Mira Oneil - Pittsburgh,
Own recipe, serves 4-5 as a side dish, cooks in 15 mins. Excluding
1. Boil potatoes in their jackets until cooked, cool, peel skin and
dice into pieces.
- 4 medium sized potatoes
- 2-3 green chillies
- 1" piece ginger minced
- 1 medium onion finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 large tomato finely chopped
- 1 cup fenugreek leaves washed and finely chopped
- 1tbsp oil
- salt to taste
2. Heat oil in a wok or pan, fry cumin till they sizzle then add
onion fry till soft and transparent, then add chillies, ginger,
chopped tomato tumeric, fry until pulpy for 5-7 mins.
3. Add fenugreek and potatoes, fry for 5 mins till it wilts and
combined, add salt to taste.
4. Serve with any Indian bread.
Find Fenugreek in Indian or Chinese grocery stores, or use spinach