Onion & Methi Pulao
from 'Shruti' from Bangalore, India
Serves : 5
- 1 cup: Basmati Rice
- 2 med: Onions Sliced
- 1 cup: Methi leaves chopped
- 2: Green chillies slit into 2
- 1/2 tsp.: Cumin seeds
- 2: Bay leaf
- 2 stick: Dalchini
- 2: Big Cardomom
- 4: Cloves
- 1/2 tsp.: Black pepper pd
- 1/2 tsp.: Garam Masala pd
- 2 tbsp: oil
- Salt to taste
- Fried Onion for Garnishing
1. Clean & soak rice for 20 min in water
2. In a pan heat oil add all the whole garam masala and let it crackle
3. Add green chillies and onions and fry till onions are translucent
4. Add the chopped methi leaves and fry for another 5 min till you can smell the aroma of methi.
5. Add rice to it fry for 2 min and add 2 1/2 cup of water
6. Add salt, garam masala pd. and balck pepper pd. mix well
7. Bring it to boil and simmer the gas and cook till rice is done.
8. Garnish with fried onion and serve hot with any curry or kadhi
User Comments & Tips
* The quantity of water to be added to make rice will differ according to the quality. So please add water accordingly.
* Cooking in this fashion will prevent loss of essential vitamins from the rice and hence it will be more healtier
* After adding the all ground masala to the rice taste the water to get the correct flavour of salt and masala in the pulav.