Ginger Tempeh Salad
Allison - Chicago,
Preheat oven to 375 F.
- 1 block tempeh (about 12-14 oz.)
- 1 tbsp minced ginger
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 2 green onions, chopped fine
- 1/2 med. green pepper, chopped fine
- 3 or 4 dollops of Nayonaise (or other vegan mayo)
- salt/pepper to taste
- 1-2 tsp curry powder (or to taste)
- 1/2 cup fresh minced parsley or dill
- Small amount of red cabbage or celery, finely chopped, is also
Bake tempeh (whole) for 15-20 minutes until lightly browned, turning
once. (I don't use any oil, just put it on a baking tray).
Let cool a bit.
Cut tempeh in half.
Mince half and chop other half into small cubes.
Place vegetables, herbs, and tempeh into medium bowl.
Add nayonaise one dollop at a time, stirring and assessing the consistency.
Add curry, salt/pepper.
Adjust seasoning as necessary.
This is great with garlic crostinis, as a sandwich filling, or
on a bed of fresh raw greens