Preparation time: 20 minutes; Serves: 4
In a pot add one cup of water to shredded cabbage, sugar and salt,
cover with lid, and boil until water evaporates.
- Shredded Cabbage -- 3 cups
- Mustard Seeds -- 1/4 tsp.
- Grated Fresh Coconut -- 1 cup
- Green Chilies -- 2 medium
- Coriander Leaves -- 1 tsp.
- Cooking Oil -- 4 tbsp.
- Sugar -- 1 tsp.
- Salt to taste
In a skillet heat oil and add mustard seeds.
When they pop, add sliced green chilies and coriander leaves.
After two minutes add grated coconut and fry for two more minutes.
Next add cabbage and stir for 10 minutes on medium heat.
Goes well with white rice.
It's also good as a stuffing for dumplings, or to mix in vegetable