I made this the other day. It was at least as good on the following
day after the flavors had blended. I served this with rice on day
one...with rice and lentil with pineapples (recipe posted to list
elsewhere) on day two...and mixed with the lentils on day three.
As Mom always said, "It all gets mixed together in your tummy anyway."
Heat oil in large pot. Add cumin seeds and saut=E9 until they start
to brown. Add ginger. Saut=E9 another minute or two. Add bay leaf
and cauliflower. Stir in paprika/cayenne. Stir fry until cauliflower
is lightly golden. Add the peas and a little water. Add the drained
potatoes. Cover; reduce heat to low. Cook until cauliflower is tender.
Serve with rice.
- small amount veg. oil
- 1-2 T. chopped ginger root
- 1 1/4 tsp. cumin seeds
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 head cauliflower, trimmed, roughly chopped
- 4-5 Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled, quartered, boiled until nearly
- 1/4 tsp. paprika or cayenne pepper
- 2 c. fresh or frozen peas
- 2-4 T. water
- salt to taste