with Ginger, Garlic & Green Chillies
From: Kate Pugh
Here's one from my Website.
There are more (vegan, low-fat) Indian recipes at: http://users.ox.ac.uk/~corp0141/Cooking/Indian/index.html
Recipe adapted from Madhur Jaffrey's Quick & Easy Indian Cookery.
1. Peel and finely chop the garlic and ginger.
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 x 2.5-cm (1-inch) cube fresh root ginger
- 1 medium head cauliflower (300g, 11oz prepared weight)
- 1 tsp sunflower oil
- 1/2 tsp cumin seed
- 1/2 tsp mustard seed
- 1-3 hot green chillies, left whole
- 1/4 tsp salt
- freshly-ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- chilli powder to taste (optional)
Cut the cauliflower into florets.
Don't chop the chillies!
2. Heat a wok, and add the oil.
When oil is hot, add the cumin and mustard seeds, and stir.
As soon as the mustard seeds begin to pop, add the garlic, ginger,
cauliflower and chillies.
3. Stirfry for 5-7 minutes until the cauliflower is lightly browned,
adding a tiny drop of water if it begins to stick.
4. Sprinkle in the salt, pepper, garam masala and chilli powder
Mix well, add 4 tbsp water, cover and cook for 2 minutes until cauliflower
is done to your liking.