Recipe By : Geetha Sashidharan; Serving Size: 6
Heat oil in wok. Add dal and curry leaves and fry a few moements,
add ginger, then onion and cook until onion is tender, about 10
- 1 small head green cabbage
- 2 tablespoonsoil
- 1 teaspoon split peeled urad dal
- 12 curry leaves
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger root
- 1 onion -- chopped
- 2 to 3 serrano chiles
- 1/4 teaspoon tumeric
- ground hot red chile or balck pepper -- optional
- Quarter cabbage. Remove core and discard. Shred leaves.
Add serrano chiles, then shredded cabbage.
Cook unil cabbage is tender about 15 minutes.
Add water 1 tablespoon at a time as needed to keep cabbage moist.
Season withtumeric and salt to taste.
Add ground chile or pepper if spicy taste is desired.
Makes 4 or 6 servings.
NOTES : Each of 6 servings contains about 132 calories; 116
mg sodium; 0 mg cholesterol; 8 grams fat; 16 grams charbohydrates;
4 grams protein; 2.25 gram fiber.