Recipe By : Alan Balcombe; Serving Size: 6
few sprigs fresh coriander leaves to garnish
- 3 oz oil (I used 3 Tbsp)
- 1 tablespoon cumin seed -- the lighter ones
- 1 lb cabbage -- finely shredded
- 8 oz carrots -- diced
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon chili powder -- or to taste
- 1 tsp salt -- 1-2 tsp
- 1 can chopped tomatoes -- (8 oz-14oz)
This serves 4 and reckoned as 250 calories per person. you'll
see where this comes from soon.
Heat the oil in a large pan, add the cumin seeds and fry till
Carefully add the cabbage and carrots. reduce the heat and add the
ground coriander, chilli powder and salt and mix well.
Stir in the tomatoes.
Cover and cook over a low heat for about 30-45 minutes, stirring
frequently until almost dry. sprinkle with the fresh coriander leaves