From Priya -
Heat oil in a deep pan, add in cumin seeds.
- 1 packet or equivalent fresh spinach
- 1 onion chopped into small pieces
- 2 med size sour ripe tomato.
- 1/4 teaspoon of tamarind extract dissolved in water if tomatoes
- 2 hot hot green chillies
- 1 teaspoon of cummin seeds (optional)
- 1/2 tablespoon of vegetable oil / olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of salt (or as desired)
- 1/4 teaspoon of sugar (less ok but never more)
once the seeds are little brown are start spluttering add in chillies
mix in for 10 secounds and add in chopped onion.
Once onions are transparent add in chopped tomatoes and salt and mix
and cover for two minutes.
Add in chopped spinach.
Spinach can be broken with hands and need not be very small.
depends on how tender it is.
Add in tamarind extract now and close over low fire.
The spinach will leave water into the pan else add a little bit.
It should be flowly enough to be had with rice.
Enjoy it hot over steaming rice!!