From: Karen C.
Greenlee Serving Size : 4
Several hours or day before serving, prepare eggplant:
- 1 one-pound eggplant -- cut into 3/4" chunks
- 1/4 cup rice-wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 clove garlic -- finely chopped
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 2 tablespoons drained chopped pimiento
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts -- toasted
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
In large deep skillet or 5-quart saucepot heat 1 inch water to boiling.
Add eggplant, cover, and simmer 5 minutes.
Drain eggplant in colander.
In medium-size bowl, whisk together vinegar, basil, oregano, sugar,
pepper, salt, and garlic.
Stir in eggplant; cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours or overnight,
About 1 hour before serving, add raisins, pimiento, pine nuts,
and oil to eggplant mixture.
Cover and set aside, stirring occasionally; serve at room temperature.