al' Olio ( White Beans with Olive Oil & Tomato Salad)
From: The Rev'd
Richard G. Melli - West Cental Florida , USA
This is a Tuscan
Country dish, best served with rustic chunky bread for dipping and
a hearty Red Wine !
1. You can use 2 cans of canned Great Northern Beans, well-washed
and drained or fresh soaked, boiled and drained so that the beans
are cooked through but not mushy.
- Great Northern Beans, fresh cooked or canned
- Ripe tomatoes, chopped
- Fresh Basil leaves, chopped or minced
- Fresh finely chopped parsley
- First Press - Olive Oil
- Coarse salt
- Fresh ground pepper
- Finely chopped or mashed Garlic Cloves
- Chopped Green scallions
- Juice of one freshly squeezed lemon
2. Chop the fresh ripe peeled whole tomatoes into small cubes,
retaining the juice and seeds.
3. Julienne or chop the fresh basil leaves and mix with fresh
Mix all of the ingredients and season to taste.
Closing comments: makes a great dippin' salad !