From: Adele Faiks-Olsgard
from Sunset's Vegetarian Cooking
This recipe is really easy, uses no "weird" ingredients, and is
a huge hit with my meat eating friends and relatives (it is a little
expensive to make, however, as it requires artichoke hearts, yumm).
"The liquid from marinated artichoke hearts turns into a zingy
dressing for this marvelously simple macaroni salad."
Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain well, rinse with
cold water, and drain again.
- 4 ounces (about 1 cup) salad macaroni or other medium-sized
- 1 jar (6 ounce) marinated artichoke hearts
- 1/4 pound mushrooms, quartered
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup medium-size pitted ripe olives
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dry basil leaves
- salt and pepper
Turn into a large bowl.
Add artichokes and their liquid, mushrooms, cherry tomatoes, olives,
parsley, and basil; toss gently.
Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or until next day.
Before serving, season with salt and pepper to taste.
Makes 6 servings.
Per serving: 5 grams protein, 21 grams carbohydrate, no cholestrol
(of course), 123 calories.