Tomato and Olive Pesto
Allison - Chicago
Nice with polenta, baguette
Place strainer over measuring cup.
- 2/3 cup oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
- 3/4 cup packed stemmed fresh parsley
- 2/3 cup drained canned pitted black olives
- 1/2 cup pine nuts (2-3/4 oz.)
- 2 shallots, coarsely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tbs. red wine vinegar
- salt/pepper to taste
Pour tomatoes with their oil into strainer to drain.
Save 1/4 cup oil (add if necessary).
In food processor, blend drained tomatoes, parsley, olives, pine nuts,
shallots, and garlic with vinegar until finely chopped.
With machine running, gradually add 1/4 cup oil.
process mixture until well-blended.
If pesto is dry mix in more oil.
Season with salt and pepper