Here's a recipe for tomato-garlic bread
- a loaf of italian/french bread
- fresh tomatoes
- garlic powder
-- I made it to substitute for regular garlic bread (with butter &
cheese) and everyone loved it.
1. Slice a loaf of italian/french bread and lay out pieces face
up on a baking sheet.
2. Cut fresh tomatoes in half (1 tomato does 6 slices) and, holding
them like a half a lemon,
crush them over your bread, leaving behind juice and bits of tomato.
3. Sprinkle with garlic powder, salt, and oregano to taste.
4. Place on top rack of oven on BROIL for 1-2 minutes or until
edges turn brown.
5. Turn off oven and move bread to lower shelf
- leave in the oven for 3-5 minutes (will make the bread more crispy)
Hope you all enjoy this as much as we did
-- I imagine if you REALLY love garlic, you could use crushed garlic
cloves instead of garlic powder.