From: Karen C.
Serving Size: 6
Heat olive oil in a large soup pot over medium heat.
- 2 tablespoonsolive oil
- 1 medium onion -- chopped
- 3 cloves garlic -- minced or pressed
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1 16 oz. can peeled tomatoes (undrained) -- chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup small uncooked pasta (elbow, shells, etc.)
- 1 16 oz. can navy beans with liquid
Add onion and saute about 1 minute.
Add garlic, broth, tomatoes, and spices.
Bring to a boil. Stir in pasta.
Reduce heat to law and cover.
Simmer about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Add beans and heat through.