Cut top off of bread and scoop out some of the insides (save for croutons
or bread crumbs).
- 1 large round Italian loaf of bread (10")
- Filling: Use as many of the ingredients as you a) like and b)
can fit into your sandwich!
- 1 eggplant, about 1 lb. cut into 1/4 inch slices & broiled
- 1 sweet red pepper, roasted, peeled, cut into chunks
- 1 sweet yellow pepper, roasted, peeled, cut into chunks
- 1 bunch fresh arugula or bitter greens (cress will do)
- thinly sliced onion
- Thinly sliced avocado
- broiled zucchini slices
- chopped black olives (brined)
- Thinly sliced roma tomatoes
- 1/3 cup pesto sauce
Layer ingredients thinly, starting with hommus on the bottom, ending
with pesto sauce on the top.
Add top of bread and wrap tightly.
Let sit 2 hours or more.
Cut into wedges & serve.