Chilean Carrot Salad
As a teacher, I would assign this recipe to my fifth-graders to make. It's easy, much more so if you have a food processor with a julienne disk for the carrots. This is a light and refreshing side for a summer meal or picnic.
- 5 young carrots
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced
- 1/4 cup fresh-queezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon finely minced fresh cilantro
- finely ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
Peel and grate carrots.
Combine all ingredients in serving bowl. Sere cold.