Hacienda Onion Salad 2
From: Miss Annie
As served at Hacienda Los Lingues in Chile, the oldest hacienda in South America. Serve this at your next cookout. It is terrific.
SERVES 6 -8
- 4 large tomatoes, cut into eighths
- 1 large sweet onion, halved thinly sliced (vidalia, Texas 1015, Maui Sweet, OSO)
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar or white wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
In a large salad bowl, combine tomatoes, sweet onion, cilantro, vinegar, lime juice, salt and pepper to taste, and olive oil.
Toss well: garnish with cilantro sprigs.