Triple Smoked Quinoa Pilaf
©Copyright Kathy Flake, 2007, reproduced with permission - original recipe
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 1/2 cups water or vegetable stock
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 shallots, chopped (or 1 small onion)
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon cardamom
- 1/2 cup chopped red pepper
- 1-2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 lb smoked tofu
- 1/2 teaspoon orange peel, grated
- 1 cup green beans, cut into 2-inch long pieces
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 cup smoked dried tomatoe or sun-dried tomato (softened in boiling water if not packed in oil)
Heat the olive oil in a large pan. Add the shallots, coriander and cardamom.
Sauté for a couple of minutes and then add the red pepper and garlic. When red pepper just begins to soften, add the tofu, orange peel, and green beans.
Stir fry for a couple of minutes, and add the smoked paprika and dried tomatoes.
Toss in the cooked quinoa and serve.