& Kidney Bean Paella
Serving Size: 4
Heat oil in a 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion -- chopped
- 2 cloves garlic -- minced
- 1 14.5 oz. can vegetable broth
- 1 cup uncooked long-grain rice
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric (or 1/8 tsp. saffron)
- 3 drops red pepper sauce
- 1 15 oz can dark red kidney beans -- rinsed & drained
- 1 6 oz. jar marinated artichoke hearts -- drained
Cook onion and garlic in oil 3-4 minutes, stirring frequently, until
Stir in broth and rice.
Heat to boiling and then reduce heat.
Cover and simmer 15 minutes.
Stir in remaining ingredients.
Cook uncovered 5-10 more minutes, stirring occasionally, until rice
and peas are tender.