Peas with Spinach
Resource Center - Boston, USA
In a large skillet, saute the onions in the broth for a few minutes,
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- vegetable broth for sauteeing
- 10 oz. fresh spinach, rinsed, stemmed and coarsely chopped
(I think frozen would be fine)
- 3 cups drained black-eyed peas (two 16-oz. cans)
- ground black pepper to taste
- pinch of cayenne or crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
Add the spinach to the skillet. Stir for a minute or two until
Add the black-eyed peas, black pepper, and cayenne if desired.
Bring to a simmer on medium heat.
Serve right away, or cover and keep warm on low heat.