of Beans, Grains & Vegetables
Blanchard - Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Soak beans, saute grains in 1 tsp oil or butter for 5 minutes.
- 3\4 cup Millet
- 1\4 cup Buckwheat
- 1\4 cup Adzuki beans
- 1\2 cup split mung beans
- 2 tsp olive oil or butter
- 3-4 small Zuchini (chopped)
- 1 whole head garlic (peeled & chopped)
- 1 large onion (chopped)
- 2 carrots (peeled & chopped)
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped bell pepper
- Mushrooms as desired
- 1 1\2 tsps black pepper
- 1 tbsp dried summer savory
- 2 envelopes low salt vegetable broth
- 3-4 cups water
Place in casserole or heavy cooking pot.
Saute prepared vegetables in 1 tsp oil or butter.
Mix all other ingredients into pot and cover with water.
Bring to boil and lower heat, or bake at 325-350 stirring from
time to time and adding liquid if as needed until all is well
This produces a fairly large quantity and freezes - reheats
Other vegetables can be added. Sometimes I add 1/2 cup whole
barley, organic where possible.