Remove mushroom stems.
- 20 large white mushrooms (about 2 inches diameter)
- 2 cups cubed bread crumbs (I use a mix of white and WW)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium onion, finely minced
- 1/4 cup wine for sauteeing
- 2 ribs celery, finely minced
- 2 tbsp finely shredded carrot
- 1 1/2 tsp salad herbs (mix of parsley, majoram, etc.)
- salt/pepper to taste
Chop and reserve stems.
Bring a large pot of water to boil and add mushrooms.
Cook for a couple minutes or until they start to shrink.
Drain and place the mushrooms into a pan of cold water for a minute
to stop cooking.
Preheat oven to 350F.
In a large non-stick saute pan, saute the onions, mushroom stems,
garlic and celery in the wine.
When vegetables are tender, add the carrot and herbs.
Add bread crumbs and mix well.
Add salt/pep and adjust seasonings to taste.
Fill mushrooms with a heaping tablespoon of the mixture, place on
a lightly sprayed baking sheet and cook for 10-12 minutes or until
lightly browned on top.