Heat 1 tsp. olive oil in nonstick pan over medium heat.
- 2 tsp. olive (preferably extra virgin)
- 1 carrot, peeled and finely diced
- 1 medium onion, finely diced
- 1/4 green pepper, finely diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. basil
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 medium Portabello mushrooms
Add carrot, onion, green pepper and garlic.
Saute until crisp-tender.
Stir in basil and oregano.
Remove from heat and combine with rice.
Add salt and pepper to taste.
Remove stems from mushrooms.
Place mushrooms in lightly oiled casserole dish, stem side up.
Top with rice mixture, packing down slightly.
Brush lightly with remaining 1 tsp.olive oil.
Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes. This recipe can be easily
doubled to serve four as a main course or eight as an appetizer.