Kebabs with Parsley Sauce
Prepare grill to medium heat.
- 1 Red Pepper, rinsed, cored, seeded, and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 Yellow OR Green Pepper, rinsed, cored, seeded, and cut into
- 12-16 Button Mushrooms, stems trimmed and wiped clean
- 8 Cherry Tomatoes, rinsed with stems removed
- 12 1-inch-thick slices Zucchini or Summer Squash
- Olive oil for brushing on vegetables
- Parsley Sauce Ingredients:
- 1/2 cup fresh Parsley Leaves, rinsed and patted dry
- 1 cup fresh Cilantro Leaves, rinsed and patted dry
- 1 Tbs. Garlic, minced
- 2 Tbs. Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 Tbs. Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1/2 cup Vegenaise
- Salt and Black Pepper to taste
Soak skewers in water prior to preparing kebabs.
Make four kebabs by threading the vegetables onto eight wooden
skewers (using them in pairs to hold the pieces more securely).
Alternate peppers, mushrooms, tomatoes, and zucchini (or summer
squash) on each set of skewers.
Brush the kebabs all over with olive oil.
Grill, turning once or twice, until the vegetables are cooked, just
about 6 to 8 minutes total.
Serve warm or at room temperature with parsley sauce.
To prepare sauce, place all ingredients in a blender or the bowl
of a food processor fitted with the steel blade.
Pulse or process until parsley and cilantro are finely minced and
all ingredients are thoroughly combined.
The Parsley Sauce can also be used as a dip.
The double-skewer technique keeps vegetables secure.
Simply thread the pieces on two skewers held parallel to each other
to keep from losing vegetables to breakage on the grill.