and Chile Soup
1. Place potatoes and water in a soup pan and cook until potatoes
- 4 medium potatoes scrubbed, unpeeled and cut into small chunks.
- 3 C. water
- 1 T. olive oil
- 1 1/2 C. Chopped onions
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 C. Diced bell peppers ( I used red ones)
- 1 1/2 C. Diced Anheim Chiles (the pale green ones that are about
the size of jalepenos)
- 1 C. soymilk
- 1 t. ground cumin
- 1 t. dried basil
- 1/2 t. salt (or to taste)
- pepper to taste
Set the potatoes AND cooking water off to the side and allow to cool.
2. In the mean time heat olive oil in a skillet or saucepan.
Add onions and saute until they become transparent.
3. Add both peppers, garlic and spices.
Saute for about 8-10 minutes, or until veggie are tender.
Remove from heat.
4. Puree potatoes WITH cooking water in a blender or food processor
Return to soup pan add veggies and milk.
Whisk until blended.
5. Turn heat on stove top to low and heat soup slowly on low heat
until throughly warmed.
6. Serve stopped with chopped scallions, or chopped cilatnro.
(I used the scallions).
This goes great with a subtly sweet cornbread......Yumm.....