And Red Pepper Roll-Ups
Recipe By: Mostly Macro by Lisa Turner; Serving Size: 6
In a large sauce pan, steam the squash just until tender.
- 3 Cups Yellow Squash -- Cubed
- 1/4 Pound Silken Low-Fat Tofu
- 1 Tablespoon Barley Malt Syrup
- 1 Tablespoon Corn Oil
- 1 Medium Yellow Onion -- Minced
- 1 Medium Red Pepper -- Diced
- 1 Teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1/2 Cup Cilantro -- Coarsely Chopped
- 6 Large Whole-Wheat Tortillas
Combine with the tofu and barley malt syrup in a blender, and puree
Heat the oil in a medium skillet. Saute onions, red peppers, and
slat until the onions are translucent.
Add the onion mixture to the squash mixture.
Stir in the cilantro.
Cool the mixture well and spread evenly on the tortillas.
Roll up tightly and secure with toothpicks.
chill for several hours, then slice 1" | 2 1/5 cm thick before serving.
NOTE: These colorful little pinwheels make the perfect healthy
Or try serving them whole as a tasty alternative to the traditional