In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion -- chopped
- 3 cloves garlic -- minced
- 1/4 cup green pepper -- chopped
- 1 cup bulgur
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 cup to 2 cups tomato juice
- 3 tablespoons taco seasoning mix
Saute onion, garlic, and green pepper until tender.
Saute 1 minute, stirring well.
Stir in salsa, 1 cup of tomato juice, and taco seasoning.
Cook for 10-15 minutes until mixture is slightly chewy, adding more
tomato juice if necessary.
USE MEXICAN FILLING FOR:
Put Mexican Filling, refried beans, and other fillings of choice
(lettuce, tomato, cheese, etc.) in flour tortillas.
Put Mexican Filling and other fillings of choice in taco shells.