Here's one of my fav recipies.
I always have the fixings on hand, and the most labor intensive
part is cleaning out the food processor.
Combine all of the ingredients at the top of the list in a food processor,
and process until smooth.
- 8oz firm tofu, drained & pressed (I use silken)
- 1 can (soup sized) beans, drained
(I usually use garbanzo, but great northren beans work too)
- 2 tablespoons tahini or peanut butter (it's good either way)
- 1 small can diced green chilies
- plenty of lemon/lime juice & garlic
- 8 taco shells
- green onions
- tons of salsa
- lime wedges
- 2 cups of cooked rice (best if cooked in veggie stock!)
Heat the taco shells, and spoon tofu/bean mixture into shells.
Garnish with veggies, and serve rice on side.
Make sure to have plenty of lime on hand, that really makes the
recipe for me!