From: Maya Nair
This recipe makes a dozen healthy muffins.
Freeze them when cool and zap them in the MW for 1-2 minutes for
a healthy, hot meal you can have anywhere.
You need 2 cups of flour - any combination (except white flour)
Mix everything till just moistened.
- 10 ripe bananas, mashed
- yellow cornmeal - 1/2 cup
- cream of wheat cereal - 1/2 cup
- quick cooking oats - 1/2 cup
- whole wheat or bran - 1/2 cup
- Milk/soymilk/ricemilk - 1 cup
- Brown sugar/molasses - 1/8 cup or more to taste
- chopped nuts - 1/4 cup (almonds or cashews)
- raisins - 1/4 cup
Spoon into muffin pans and bake for 20 minutes until golden. Mmmmm
This has been my breakfast for the last 7-8 years!
I vary the combination of flour for a different taste.
This is also good with very ripe plantains sub. for bananas.