Peanut Butter Soup
Edge - Cape Town, South Africa
Chop the celery tops and cook them in the water with the salt for
about 10 minutes.
- 2 celery tops
- 0.25 litre water
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 25g vegan margarine (Olé or Cardin)
- 1 tablespoon grated onion
- 4 stalks celery
- 2 tablespoons wholemeal flour
- 3 tablespoons penut butter
- 400ml soya milk
- freshly gorund black pepper to taste
Strain, reserving the water but discarding the celery tops.
Mince the celery stalks finely.
Sauté this with the onion in the margarine for two minutes.
Stir in the flour.
When well blended, add the peanut butter and mix well.
Stir in the soya milk and celery water.
Stir over a low heat until the mixture boils.
Simmer for two to three minutes.
Season to taste with black pepper.
Sprinkle with paprika to serve