- 2 cups oat bran
- 1/2 cup quick oatmeal
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teas. salt
- 1 teaspoon egg replacer, if desired
- 1 Tablespoon ground flax, if desired
Spoon into a muffin pan, use cupcake papers or spray with Pam.
- 2 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 3/4 cup liquid-- water, skim milk, milk substitute
- 2 Tablespoons veg. oil
- 3/4 cup applesauce or pumpkin or banana
- 1/4 cup raisins (I put these in the 3/4 cup water to soften
them, heat it a little, add the brown sugar and oil then mix
with the dry ingredients.)
- a few nuts, chopped, if you don't mind the fat
Makes 12. About 150 calories each.
Bake at 375 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes.
What I do is divide one box of oat bran into two bowls, there
will be not quite two cups in each.
Add oatmeal to make 2 cups, then add the other 1/2 cup oatmeal.
Mix the first list of ingredients in both bowls, put one aside
and add the second list of ingred. when ready to bake.
Good zapped in the micro and served with applesauce.
Can be frozen.