Pan Roasted Cherry Tomatoes
A perfect side (from Canadian Living) when tomatoes are in season without turning on your oven! I made it last night using Juliette tomatoes from my freezer. It was quick, easy and very good - I'm sure that it will be even better when the new tomato crop is available!
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch sugar
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
Add next 7 ingredients and fry until tomatoes are shrivelled, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes.
Stir in balsamic vinegar and serve.