Vegan Brownies Ever
From: Amy Lin - hardcore colonia
These brownies are awesome & the ingredients are surprisingly
- 2 1/3 c. flour
- 1 c. water
- 1.2 c. vegan margarine
- 2/3 c. cocoa powder
- 2 c. sugar
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1. Mix 1/3 c. flour in saucepan with the water. Stir constantrly,
on medium heat until the mixture is signifigantly thicker and boiling
(or on the verge of boiling). Cool completely.
2. Melt margarine in microwave & then stir in cocoa powder.
3. Beat sugar, salt, & vanilla into the flour-water mixture.
Add cocoa mixture & stir well.
4. Stir together 2 c. flour & baking powder, then add the previous
5. Bake in 9"x13" pan @ 350 for 20-25 min.
I've tried adding stuff, like cherries, raisins, & crushed
candycanes.. all of which tastes good, but nothing beats this brownie
recipe as it is. -amylin