Recipe By : Cooking Light website, Jan. 1999; Serving Size :
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 4 garlic cloves -- minced
- 1/2 cup dry red wine or 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon dried italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cans diced tomatoes -- undrained (14.5-ounce)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
1. Heat oil in a saucepan or large skillet over medium-high heat.
Add onion and garlic; saute 5 minutes.
Stir in wine and next 8 ingredients (wine through tomatoes); bring
to a boil.
Reduce heat to medium, and cook, uncovered, about 15 minutes.
Stir in parsley.
Yield: 3 cups (serving size: 1 cup).
CALORIES 133 (17% from fat); FAT 2.5g (sat 0.4g, mono 1.3g,
PROTEIN 4.4g; CARB 26.7g; FIBER 4.2g; CHOL 0mg; IRON 3mg; SODIUM
468mg; CALC 112mg