This is an opened ended kind of recipe.
Put in whatever greens or ingredients you like.
Takes about 15 minutes. Serves 4
- 8 oz. mushrooms, sliced.
- 4 T. olive oil.
- 4 garlic cloves.
- 2 cups mixed chopped greens (ie turnip,arugula, kale, spinach
- 2 cups cooked and drained chickpeas.
- 2 cups cooked gemelli pasta (or any other short thicker pasta
- 3 T. pesto
(I freeze mine in ice cube trays in the summer and have them
available all winter.
- 1/3 cup wine or liquid if necessary.
- salt & fresh ground pepper to taste.
- vegan grated "romano" cheese replacer.
Saute mushrooms in oil & slivered garlic cloves, add the greens
& cook until wilted, add pasta, chickpeas and pesto.
Moisten with liquid and heat through.
Season with salt & pepper.
Serve in pasta bowls with vegan grated cheese replacer.
You could use other beans like Great Northern, add some sun-dried
tomatoes, and/or pitted olives if desired also.
Use all one kind of greens or whatever you find in your garden
this summer or at the market.